I’m basically in awe right now.
IMAGINE BEING BORED AT A PARTY
TAKE OUT YOUR SCARF AND READ
WANT TO ATTRACT THAT CUTE NERDY GIRL/GUY/GENDERLESS THAT READS A LOT?
SHOW YOUR SCARF TO THEM. IF THEY’RE NOT FUCKING IMPRESSED WELL THAT’D BE WEIRD.
WANT TO LAZE AROUND DOING NOTHING BUT NOT WANTING TO LOOK UNINTERESTING?
READ THE SCARF. JUST DO IT.
IF I DONT HAVE ONE I WILL FUCKING DIE.
does this come in Gatsby?I have the top one (The Raven) and I can vouch for its legitness
I waaaaaant iiiiiiiit
Requested by Astra
Nothing is better than this. Nothing.
[BOSS ASS BITCH PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND]
Glowworm Caves in New Zealand (by amusing planet)
Hey, Dante. What do you think?Love it. Just posting art… I always think it’s amazing that the roles I’ve done have inspired others create new art!
I can’t even begin to explain how beautiful this is
C R A P
F U C K
h N N N G H
I’d never, ever hurt a lady but I’d be happy to punch a feminist.
It’d bring me great joy.
I’m 6’2 and weigh 180lbs
ready when you are
Or if you’d like to have some more options….
and have 9 years of combined martial arts training and 3 years of being a Line Backer in football.
Just in case you are looking for variety.
“And so the little lamb and his mama live happily ever after,” the girl finished reading her story aloud to the creature beside her. Hopeful orbs of blue glistened as she cocked her head up at him. “Didya like that, Mister Boogey?”
No response from underneath the black coat. She frowned, teetering off her seat ever so slowly before her tiny feet reached the ground.
“Mister Boogey?” she asked again, gripping the corners of the dark trench coat. When nothing responded, she slowly peeled it open, revealing the coat rack on which he had been perched. Where had he gone?
The little girl shrunk back, upset that her friend had left without a word. She curled up in her chair, clutching the book tightly in case he came back to hear the rest of the tale. Suddenly, a soft wind blew through the empty room, but before she could turn to see what had caused it, she was swept up in darkness.
“Gotcha,” the creature chuckled, cradling her close to him.
The child squeal with laughter most contagious, pleased of his return.
“I thought you left!” She gave a pout, looking up at his shadowy face.
“Why, my dear, I’d never leave you. I am your guardian after all, am I not?” The monster gave her a toothy smile. “And I will always be your Boogeyman.”
Tumblr: the only site that can turn something so terrifying into something utterly adorable
In case you were wondering why I didn’t like companies that ran like/vote based cosplay contests, this is why. The above is it.
do not give a fuck
or the cosplay community.
They care about money.
This is specifically why I only entered into Otaku House once, why I barely vote for these contests, and why I don’t participate in like/based contests anymore.
The idea is this:
- Post a cosplay contest that gives away awesome prizes cosplayers of novice level could really use
- People will participate simply because the extra publicity draws more attention to their own pages (And there is nothing wrong with wanting to be popular in cosplay, and I’m leaving that part of the conversation at that.)
- People will share their image or their post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- Their friends will share the post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- A like is a nice boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A visit to a page to vote is a great boost to search scores
- A share is a great boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A post about a website on your social media account is a great boost to search scores
- Look, you essentially just got free advertising by promising these starlit cosplayers free shit
- Their ranking and their sales go up, and they profit, for free
- You did all the work for them
If you think this is abnormal on facebook? It’s not. Thousands of scammers post bogus pages in which they use fake contests and shares like ‘we have free macbooks!’ ‘vote for this thing!’ in order to rack up likes, and then sell the Facebook page to someone looking to start up with quick followers.
When I ran the Cosplay Shinkou cosplay contest initially at it’s startup, I had to fight tooth and nail to have it judged like a normal contest because I didn’t want the company to look like these sort of asshats. Constantly I was being pressured to turn the contest into a like contest so more people would visit our page and get likes out of it. To make sure the most popular who can get our page the most attention wins. That only popular people get on the cover so that their fans buy our magazine. From the CEO’s point of view, it had fucking nothing to do with the cosplayers, just making money.
And that, ladies and gentleman, is the problem with businesses getting our attention as cosplayers. We’re easily abused with our dream of fame and free stuff and having our cosplay recognized in order to stir the social pot and bring back the attention to them. That is why they don’t care if they offend us with something stupid like the above, because we’ve already proven to them that no matter what, they’ll get abagillion contestants anyway wanting to win.
So if you really want to support a cosplayer?
- Like their page and follow their stuff
- Support them by leaving them nice commentary on their cosplays about what you liked about them or how good they look as that character
- Share that person to your friends and family directly
- A like is just a button click, and you should remember this
Don’t support a company that will give a fuck you to types of cosplayers that shame them and are unapologetic about them.
Go team house on fire.
OTAKU HOUSE? I was planning on going to bed, but then I saw a picture of one of my good college mates in their cosplay in this post. They are amazing at crafting/sewing their own cosplays and have hosted many cosplay panels of how to with wigs and leather working. (They are the master of leather working.)
They MADE that Chung Li and I have seen it in person and it was done so well to a T. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF LOVE AND WORK WENT INTO IT EITHER. He is not “fat” as you claim, Otaku House. In fact, he’s very in pretty well shape. He’s got a better figure than I do for female characters!
That crossplayer is a good person, he is amazing. He’s won awards. He is the nicest cosplayer I ever met and is super helpful and supportive of those who want to start cosplaying and want to start! HOW DARE YOU OTAKU HOUSE FOR PUTTING DOWN A GOOD PERSON SUPPORTIVE TO ALL WHO WANT TO COSPLAY?